Our Shooting Stars staff have travelled to Perth for a week-long intensive training program filled with learning & development opportunities.
These trainings give our staff the opportunity to gather and share ideas, work through challenges and to gain invaluable professional development. Operating at eight sites across our vast state our teams are geographically isolated, making these sessions an important occasion to reconnect and refresh team spirit.
During the week staff will hear from a range of inspirational women including:
- Dr Rishelle Hume to give the Welcome to Country
- Dr Rose Whitau on the Archaeology of Aboriginal Australia
- Jenny Gleeson on personality dimensions
- Dixie Marshall on branding and media
- Stephanie Monck on Aboriginal Legal issues; and
- Each other as the team shares their various skills across the workshop format
Shooting Stars Executive Officer Fran Haintz said
“Shooting Stars is all about providing an environment for growth and development and that includes our staff as well as participants,” said Haintz.
“The Shooting Stars program is only as good as its staff and intensive training programs like this, provide an opportunity to upskill our onsite staff and equip them with the tools best required for success.”
Keep an eye out on Shooting Stars social media for updates across the week.